About The Show Edit
Family adventure series THE GIFTED, from 20th Century FOX Television in association with Marvel Television, tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive. Written by Matt Nix (APB, “Burn Notice”), directed by Bryan Singer (the “X-Men” franchise”) and executive-produced by Nix, Singer, Lauren Shuler (“X-Men: Apocalypse,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “The Wolverine”), Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Apocalypse,” “X-Men: Days of Future Past”), Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”) and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones”), the series stars Stephen Moyer (SHOTS FIRED), Amy Acker (“Person of Interest”), Sean Teale (“Reign”), Jamie Chung (GOTHAM), Coby Bell (“Burn Notice”), Emma Dumont (“Aquarius”), Blair Redford (“Satisfaction”), Natalie Alyn Lind (GOTHAM) and Percy Hynes White (“Night at the Museum 3”).
Main Cast Edit
- Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker
- Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker
- Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz
- Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson
- Coby Bell as Jace Turner
- Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane
- Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker
- Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker
- Skyler Samuels as Esme Frost/Phoebe Frost/Sophie Frost (season 2; recurring season 1)
- Grace Byers as Reeva Payge (season 2)
- Matt Nix (showrunner/creator)
- Lauren Shuler Donner (executive-producer)
- Bryan Singer (executive-producer)
- Simon Kinberg (executive-producer)
- Jeph Loeb (executive-producer)
- Jim Chory (executive-producer)
Series Overview Edit
- Prior to the series being picked up, Singer stated that a 10-13 episode count should be expected. Also, that the series will feature familiar characters as it's connected to the larger X-Men universe.
- On January 24, 2017, The Gifted received a pilot order.
- Following it's pilot order, Bryan Singer was announced as the director.
- Filming for the pilot began on March 13 2017, in Dallas, Texas.
- The Sentinels will be a part of the series following their appearance in "X-Men: Days of Future Past". 
- On February 9, 2017, Blair Redford was cast as John Proudstar/Thunderbird.
- On February 22, 2017, Jamie Chung was cast as Clarice Fong/Blink.
- On February 27, 2017, Stephen Moyer was cast as Reed Strucker.
- On February 28, 2017, Sean Teale was cast as Marcos Diaz/Eclipse.
- On March 1, 2017, Natalie Alyn Lind was cast as Lauren Strucker.
- On March 2, 2017, Amy Acker was cast as Kate Stewart, Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris, and Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker.
- On March 7, 2017, Cody Bell was cast as Jace Turner.
- On March 10, 2017, executive producer, Lauren Shuler Donner tweeted a photo of the cast reading, in which Donner referred to the series as the title, Gifted. It was clarified to be a temporary title for the series.
- On May 9, 2017, FOX announced that they had picked up The Gifted.
- On July 21, 2017 at San Diego Comic-Con, Matt Nix revealed that The Gifted exists in one of the many timelines created after the events of X-Men: Days of Future Past. As a result, it will not crossover with the X-Men film series or the other X-Men television adaptation, Legion .
- After making a content deal with 20th Century Fox Television Distribution, the Fox Networks Group in Africa announced that The Gifted will premiere on April 23, 2018, airing on FOX Africa. 
- Before The Gifted was greenlit at FOX, a series centering on the Hellfire Club was in development . However, due to many of the show's producers and writers leaving to work on other projects, Hellfire never materialized. Additionally, network boss Diana Walden felt that Hellfire was not suitable for television, and worked best as a feature film .
- The Gifted is the second live-action TV series to be based on the X-Men universe, the first being Legion.