|“||I guess, sometimes, the more you... reject the things you can't face, the worse you make it.||”|
|— Shatter to Reed Strucker[src]|
He is a Mutant with crystallized skin.
Early Life Edit
Shatter described himself as appearing “like a normal kid” until he woke up one morning to discover his powers have manifested. He tried to shoot himself in the head and failed, resulting in his shatter like scar and glassy eye. He eventually became a member of the Mutant Underground.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
He later watched from close by as Caitlin relocated the the arm of an injured refugee.
In 3 X 1, Shatter was first seen at the Mutant Underground Headquarters shouting to everyone that the Frost Sisters had arrived. He listened to Esme explaining why she and her sister needed their help.
In X-roads, Shatter is alerted by Pedro that Sentinel Services were approaching HQ, leading Shatter to warn everyone to drop whatever they were doing, and to begin immediate evacuation. He then assists Bulk with creating a tunnel to help the remaining refugees escape.
Later on at the Mutant Way Station in Nashville, John announces plans to rebuild, but Shatter is doubtful as they have nothing left to begin from and anything they build, Sentinel Services will just destroy it again. Polaris and Esme Frost then arrive to recruit members for the Hellfire Club in which Fade, Bulk, Sage, and Andy Strucker choose to join.
In eMergence, Reed mentions that Shatter has become the leader of a Mutant Underground cell in Baltimore and that they will provide refugee to most of the mutants saved from a Sentinel Service raid on Liberty Park Apartments in D.C.
Shatter is a leader, taking charge and overseeing that everyone is safe when the main characters are absent.
Physical Appearance Edit
Shatter's uncontrollable crystal-like skin is a physical mutation, that is common with the x-gene. Because of this, he is incapable of entering the world without being recognized as a mutant. The distinctive shatter patten on his face is a result of a suicide attempt using a gun. Rather than killing him, the bullet cracked part of his skin, leaving behind the shatter.
Abilities and Skills Edit
- Crystalline Skin: Shatter's crystalline skin shields him from various types of damage and attacks. He is resistant to most bullets specifically smaller ones, however harder/larger bullets are capable of piercing his skin, thereby killing him.
- Crystalization: Shatter has the ability to crystallize matter, thus making the object shatterable. Shatter demonstrated his ability on a living person as a distraction. He slowly caused the person to crystallise, originating from his touch. Once enough of him had crystallised, he punched him, causing the person to partly shatter.
- He made his first appearance in the 2002 comic series titled "Morlocks #1".
- Shatter's appearance in The Gifted marks his live-action debut.
- In the comic, he is apart of the Morlocks.