|“||Andrea and Andreas von Strucker. They called themselves "Fenris"? Yeah, I think it means "wolf" in some language. Oh, my God. - They did that? - Yeah. They combined powers by holding hands. They wiped out an entire building full of people in seconds. This is crazy. This is our family history. Look, it says here they're "rumored to be part of a shadowy international organization called the Hellfire Club." Does it say what happened to them? I think they disappeared fleeing from the X-Men. They were some of the most powerful mutants ever. Yeah. It also says they were monsters.||”|
|— Lauren and Andy about Andreas and Andrea[src]|
Early life[edit | edit source]
Andreas and his twin sister Andrea went on to join a shadow organization called the Hellfire Club. Using their powers, they went on to commit dozens of terrorist attacks which killed many innocent people. One of these was the "Plac Zamkowy Incident" in Warsaw, which left 238 dead, and over 400 injured.
In 1952, Andreas and Andrea were hiding out in London while on the run. While writing a letter confirming that he and his sister were safe, Andreas received a mysterious call before informing Andrea that their location was discovered by the authorities. Holding hands, Andreas and Andrea combine their powers to create a destructive energy blast against their pursuers.
In 1962, Andreas and Andrea were once again involved in a terrorist attack that occurred in Rio de Janeiro. He also fathered a son named Otto at some point, who was born a mutant as well. Andreas and Andrea attempted to raise Otto into being a terrorist like themselves, but he ran away, vowing to never use his abilities to cause harm.
Over time, he and his sister went into hiding, disappeared to flee from the X-Men.
Around the year 1985, Andrea and Andreas were involved in a firefight with a barrage of bullets being shot at them. They joined hands and attempted to create a blast of energy against their attackers, however before they could fully unleash their powers, Andrea was shot in the chest. She died in her brothers arms, leaving Andreas completely devestated. After her death, Andreas took Andrea’s prized music boxed to be restored and altered to contain a secret compartment, within it he placed a letter to his descendant along with an intertwined lock of his and Andrea’s hair.
Throughout the Series[edit | edit source]
In threat of eXtinction, Andreas and Andrea appear via flashback. London, England, 1952, Andreas and Andrea Von Strucker hideout in an apartment building while on the run for their many heinous acts. The phone rings though only "the Organization" is known to have their number. Andreas picks up. Before long, they are surrounded by interpol who've come to place them under arrest. Andrea and Andreas appear to be outmatched, but when they hold hands and combine powers, they unleash a bright yet destructive force.
Andreas and his sister Andrea are mentioned by his son, Otto, when his son, Reed comes looking for information relating to Trask Industries. Otto reveals that Reed's children, Lauren and Andy, inherited their powers from Andreas and Andrea, who were a terrorist duo.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Andreas was a psychotic and homicidal man that found amusement and glee in massacring people. He never hesitated using his powers to destroy anything or anyone that he saw fit. He seemed to have a softness in his heart for his sister though it might've been because he was at his most powerful with her. However, he didn't seem to have too much care for his son outside being a weapon and continuing his terrifying legacy.
Physical Appearance[edit | edit source]
Andreas was a light-skinned man with blond hair, blue eyes, and a slim build.
In his old age, Andreas's hair has thinned and his slim build has become larger and bulkier. He has taken to wearing suits and hats similar to Al Capone and walks with a cane that he uses to focus his powers.
Abilities and Skills[edit | edit source]
- Destructive Telekinetic Field: Andreas has shown the ability to sever objects at a molecular level. After having Andrea's music box renovated and modified, he killed the music box repair man by focusing his powers through his walking stick and disintegrating the man similar to Reed's ability but with greater precision. This power was later inherited by Andy.
- Fenris Force: When combining his powers with his sister's, the two become one entity and are capable of unleashing a force of energy that completely disintegrates everything within the vicinity. The two hold hands and a powerful light is generated and then unleashed. Targets caught within the field have their molecules simultaneously pulled apart and pulled together vaporizing them instantly.
- Limitations: While powerful, the Fenris Force takes time to unleash. During the preparation for utilizing the force, the users are completely vulnerable to attack. This is demonstrated when the Von Strucker twins were cornered and attempted to use the Fenris Force to wipe out their enemies when they were pinned down by gunfire but the attempt failed because Andrea was shot in the chest and died shortly afterwards. This same weakness applies to the current holders of the Fenris Force.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the comics, Andreas and his sister were the children of Hydra member Wolfgang von Strucker, who appeared in the mid-credits scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and made his proper debut in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- In the comics, Andreas and Andrea have an incestuous relationship, however, it does not seem to appear in the TV show, suggesting an adaption in comic history to make the backstory more family friendly.
- In the comics, Andreas and Andrea's powers only work when they're in contact, however, the show has adapted this so their powers work individually (like Andy and Lauren's) and that they can combine their abilities, holding touches of the source material.
- In the comics, the twins' DNA is altered in utero to contain the X Gene by Wolfgang von Strucker, so the twins would hold mutations, however, it appears that the twins may have inherited their mutations within the TV show.
- A newspaper clip from 1952 states that Andreas and his sister are of European descent, but it does not clarify whether they are German like their comic counterparts.
- Despite failing to mold his mutant son Otto, into a terrorist like him and his sister, their legacy would ironically inspire their mutant descendant Andy Strucker to somewhat follow in their footsteps and join the Hellfire Club in the 21st century.